Study in Canada

International students from all over the world arrive in Canada every year to study English or French or take a post-secondary program as a certificate, a diploma or a degree. They are attracted by the many advantages Canadian education has to offer, the quality of life and pro-immigration policies they can find in Canada. In the last three years, Canada welcomed hundreds of thousand international students. Learn more here how to study and work in Canada as a student.


✓ Academic Excellence

✓ Affordable Costs

✓ High Quality of Life

✓ Safe Place to Live

✓ Multicultural Environment

✓ Permission to Work if Eligible

✓ Pro-Immigration Policies (Open Work Permit - PGWP and Permanent Residency Programs available for international graduates in Canada)

We have arrangements with several Canadian high schools, language and vocational/technical schools, colleges and universities to apply for international students.

We have also partnered with Apply Board, one of the biggest educational platforms in Canada.

✓ 900+ Canadian educational institutions credentialed

✓ 14,000+ programs available

✓ 10,000+ programs eligible for PGWP

Express Entry Canada

How we assist you:

  • Academic Assessment for FREE!: we assess your educational background and documents to advise on suitable programs based on where you wish to live, your budget, and field of studies you wish to pursue;

  • Immigration Assessment for FREE!: we make sure you meet the immigration requirements for international students before enrolling at schools;

  • School Enrollment for FREE!: we apply for as many schools and programs the student wants with no additional fee for our services.

  • Immigration Applications: as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants, we are authorized to apply for your study permit and for eligible family members permits and visas as well. Professional and government fees for immigration applications apply.

  • Immigration Planning: we assist you planning your future in Canada, matching your academic and immigration goals and applying for your permanent residency. Once you are in Canada, we will advise you on the best pathway to faster achieve Canadian permanent resident status based on your profile. Professional and government fees for permanent residency application apply.


Who needs a study permit to study in Canada?

You need to apply for a study permit before coming to Canada if you meet the requirements below:

are an international student;

are enrolling in an academic, professional, vocational or training program;

will study for more than 6 months or the program is shorter than 6 months but you are required to work in Canada as part of your program of study; and

will study at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), an educational institution that is designated to host international students.

Whether you are coming to do an exchange, take an English or French course short-term course for less than 6 months, a course of general interest or self-improvement, a distance learning program or an audited course, you are not required to have a study permit to enter Canada. pre-school (pre-kindergarten) students also do not need a study permit. In these cases, a visitor visa might be required when the student is not from a visa-exempt country.

What are the requirements to apply for a Canadian study visa?

You can apply to study in Canada if you:

have been accepted at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to take an academic, professional, vocational or training program of study and the institution has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA);

provide proof of funds to support yourself and your family members, if applicable, in Canada in the first year, including tuition fees, living expenses, and returning transportation to your home country;

have no criminal records and provide a police certificate, if you are from a country for which the certificate is required;

are in good health and provide your medical exam results, if you are from a country for which the medical exam is required; and

prove to the immigration officer that you will leave Canada by the time your study permit expires.

Proof of Financial Support

You will need to prove you have money enough to come to Canada and pay for your expenses (and your family expenses in Canada, if any family member is coming with you). This includes your tuition fee for the first year of your program of study and living costs according to the amount set by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):

Outside Quebec

Persons coming to Canada Amount of funds required per year (living costs)
Student $10,000 CAD
First family member $4,000 CAD
Every additional accompanying family member $3,000 CAD

In Quebec

Persons coming to Canada Amount of funds required per year (living costs)
Student $11,000 CAD
First family member (18 years or older) $5,100 CAD
First family member (under the age of 18) $3,800 CAD
Every additional accompanying family member (18 years or older) $5,125 CAD
Every additional accompanying family member (under the age of 18) $1,903 CAD

How you can prove your funds

Any of the documents below can be used as proof of financial support for your application to study in Canada:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you've transferred money to Canada

Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution

proof of a student or education loan from a bank

your bank statements for the past 4 months

a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars

proof you paid tuition and housing fees

a letter from the person or school giving you money, or

proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program

You can provide as many documents as you can in order to prove the total funds required.

Can I work in Canada as an International Student?

Yes, in most cases, international students are allowed to work in Canada while studying. Immigration Canada will set on the student’s study permit whether the student is allowed to work in Canada or not.

International students can work:

After starting their study program, on or off the school campus.

As a co-op students or intern, when their study program includes work experience as part of its curriculum.

After graduation, if eligible for a Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

Eligibility requirements to work on-campus:

  • be a full-time post-secondary student at a:
    • public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
    • private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools, and is at least 50% funded by government grants, or
    • Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law
  • have a valid study permit; and
  • have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Eligibility requirements to work off-campus:

be a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI);

be enrolled in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program or a secondary-level vocational training program (Quebec only);

the study program is at least 6 months long and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate;

have started studying; and

have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Eligibility requirements for a Co-op Work Permit:

have a valid study permit;

work is required to complete the study program in Canada;

have a letter from the school that confirms all students in the same program need to complete work placements to get their degree; and

the co-op placement or internship totals 50% or less of the study program.

Eligibility requirements for a Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP):

Have completed a PGWP-eligible program at one of the Designated Learning Institutions. Academic, vocational or professional training programs at least 8 months long which grant a degree, diploma or certificate are eligible;

Have completed at least 50% of the study program in Canada (some exceptions apply due to the COVID-19 pandemic);

Have studied full time (have taken at least 3 courses of the Program) in each semester, except for the last semester; and

Have received the educational credential, transcripts or letter of completion of the program issued by the Designated Learning Institution.

Graduates have up to 180 days to apply for a PGWP after getting their degree or diploma, transcript or official letter from their school, and must keep valid status in Canada.


Student Direct Stream (SDS)

The Student Direct Stream - SDS is the faster stream IRCC uses to process study permit applications from international students living in an eligible country. It usually takes up to 20 days for study permit applications under the SDS to be processed.

Eligibility requirements:

  • Be legal resident living in one of the following countries:
    • Antigua and Barbuda
    • Brazil
    • China
    • Colombia
    • Costa Rica
    • India
    • Morocco
    • Pakistan
    • Peru
    • Philippines
    • Senegal
    • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • Vietnam
  • Have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada;
  • Live outside of Canada when applying;
  • If applying to study in Quebec, have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration;
  • Have proof of payment of tuition fee for the first year of study;
  • Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 CAD;
  • Get a medical exam before applying (if the applicant needs one);
  • Get a police certificate before applying (if the applicant needs one);
  • Have the most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s); and
  • Have a language test result that shows either IELTS academic or general training minimum score of 6.0 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening), or TEF score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill.

Depending on where the student is applying from, other documents may be required.

Spouse or common-law partners and dependent children are also eligible for faster processing under the SDS if their applications are submitted at the same time as the main applicant.

What is a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)?

A GIC is an investment with fixed period of time offered by many banks in Canada. For study permit applications under the SDS, the GIC and issuing institution need to meet specific criteria set by Canadian immigration:

The institution must:

issue a document confirming that the student bought a GIC;

hold the GIC in an investment account or a student account which the student can’t access until arriving in Canada;

make the student confirm identity before they release any funds; and

release the funds to the student by providing an initial lump sum upon arrival in Canada and the remainder of the funds in monthly or bi-monthly installments over 10 to 12 months.

Getting your GIC is simple. In most cases, the student is able to complete the process online.

Need help to apply for a GIC to study in Canada? We can assist you.

We provide complete assistance with your school and study permit applications. We have arrangement with more than a thousand educational institutions in Canada and can help you choosing the most suitable program according to your needs.


Take this from main service area page:

Some of the educational institutions in Canada we can assist you applying for:

British Columbia

  • University Canada West (UCW) – Vancouver

  • Alexander College – Vancouver

  • Canadian College – Vancouver

  • Unisus - Summerland

  • Okanagan College – Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Salmon Arm, and Revelstoke

  • Thompson Rivers University - Kamloops

  • Foccus College – Kelowna and Surrey

  • Northern Lights College – Atlin, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Dease Lake, Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, and Tumbler River campuses

  • Langara College - Vancouver

  • Vancouver Community College - - Vancouver Downtown

  • British Columbia Institute of Technology - - Vancouver Downtown (BCIT)

  • New York Tech - Vancouver (NYIT)

  • Douglas College - Coquitlam

  • Vancouver Island University - Nanaimo

  • Camosun College - Victoria

  • Capilano University – North Vancouver

  • Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Surrey, Langley and Richmond

And more


  • Seneca College - Toronto

  • Centennial College - Toronto

  • Humber College - Toronto

  • George Brown College - Toronto

  • Yorkville University - Toronto

  • Niagara College at Toronto School of Management (TSoM) - Toronto

  • University of Ottawa - Ottawa

  • Algonquin College - Ottawa

  • Carleton University – Ottawa

And more


  • Lakeland College – Vermilion and Lloydminster

  • Keyano College - Fort McMurray

  • Medicine Hat College - Medicine Hat and Brooks

  • Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) - Edmonton

  • Concordia University of Edmonton - Edmonton

  • University of Lethbridge - Lethbridge

  • Southern Alberta Institute of Technology - Calgary

  • MacEwan University - Edmonton

  • NorQuest College – Edmonton

  • Bow Valley College - Calgary

And more


  • LaSalle College – Montreal

  • CDI College – Montreal

  • College Avalon - Quebec City

  • Institut de tourisme et d'hotellerie du Quebec (ITHQ) - Montreal

  • Canada College - Montreal

  • Greystone College - Montreal

  • LBPSB - Gordon Robertson Beauty Academy - Montreal

And more


  • University of Manitoba - Winnipeg

  • Red River College - Winnipeg

  • Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology – Winnipeg

  • International College of Manitoba (ICM)– Winnipeg

  • Assiniboine Community College - Brandon

And more


  • University of Saskatchewan - Saskatoon

  • University of Regina - Regina

  • Saskatchewan Polytechnic - Saskatoon

  • Parkland College – Saskatoon

And more

New Brunswick