THIS PUBLIC POLICY IS BEING EXTENDED UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2025
Public policy to allow eligible foreign nationals with valid temporary resident status to apply for a job offer-supported work permit from inside Canada.
Start and End Dates:
August 24, 2020 to February 28, 2023.
- Were in Canada with valid temporary resident status when the work permit application was submitted and has since remained in Canada with valid temporary resident status; and
- Submitted an in-Canada work permit application for which a decision has not been made.
Former foreign workers:
- Meet the conditions listed above for visitors;
- Held a valid work permit in the 12 months preceding the date on which they submitted their application for a work permit under this public policy; and
- Intend to work for the employer and/or occupation as specified by the job offer included in their work permit application.
Temporary foreign workers applying for this policy are allowed to work while a decision on their work permit application is pending.
Applicants need to apply online, using the electronic means identified by IRCC for that purpose. Those applying for a work permit shall request the exemption to be applicable until a decision is made on their work permit application.
Any work permit applicable fee must be paid at the time of application.
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC-IRB)
Proudly regulated by and in good standing with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). Registration #: R507233.
Our Canadian Immigration Success Stories
Learn About All of the Great Things
Canada Has to Offer!
Canadian Immigration News, Tips, and Resources
In a recent news release from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on January 22, 2024, the Honourable Marc Miller, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, unveiled measures toread more
Are you interested in working in Canada? We have fantastic news! The Government of Canada has introduced a new policy that enables individuals to secure employment without needing a Labour Marketread more
Breaking borders and opening doors, Canada recently made a remarkable stride in its immigration policy. The country has unveiled a new visa-free travel policy for visitors hailing from 13 countries.read more
Find Your Licensed Immigration Consultant
Wherever You Are Located
We assist clients across Canada and internationally. See the countries below to find your regulated Canadian immigration consultant.
- Hong Kong