Skip to content
Choose your language:
  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.
Take Your Free

Figure out if you qualify...

Take The Free Immigration Assessment

Meet with one of our immigration consultants

Book An Appointment

Family Sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada can sponsor the spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child), or other eligible relatives (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a Canadian permanent resident.

When you arrive in Canada as a permanent resident, you can live, study, and work here, as well as must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own and those of your family's essential needs.

If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives here. As a sponsor, you must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government.

Certain provinces, such as Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Prince Edward Island, offer family members sponsorship programs to reunite families. If you have a close relative who lives in any of these provinces, they may be able to sponsor you and your family members under these programs provided that they meet the eligibility criteria.