Skip to content
Choose your language:
  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.
  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.
Take Your Free

Figure out if you qualify...

Take The Free Immigration Assessment

Meet with one of our immigration consultants

Book An Appointment

Student Visa Consultant

Get the expert assistance you need to study in Canada as an international student.

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC-IRB)

Proudly regulated by and in good standing with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). Jamie Dowla, registration #: R507233.


Realize Your Canadian Education Goals

With top-ranked universities, attractive post-study work options, and established pathways to immigration, Canada is one of the premier destinations for international students. 

At CanDo Immigration, we help aspiring students make their Canadian study dreams a reality with tailored immigration advice and assistance throughout the entire study permit application process. 

Get a Free Assessment


Canadian Study Permit Assistance From Application to Approval

From initial study permit application to post-graduation strategies, CanDo Immigration is here to help you study and smoothly launch your career in Canada to realize your long-term Canadian immigration goals.


Study Permit

If you’re an international student wishing to study at a designated learning institution in Canada, CanDo Immigration can guide you through every step of your study permit process.


Student Direct Stream (SDS)

CanDo offers specialized assistance for students from eligible countries aiming to expedite their study permit process through the Student Direct Stream (SDS). Our team will ensure your application is complete, accurate, and presented in the best possible light.


Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

If you’re an international student who has graduated from an eligible Canadian institution, CanDo offers personalized support at every step of the PGWP process. We will ensure your smooth transition from student to the Canadian workforce.

Meet Juliana, Your Study Permit Expert!

Juliana is our dedicated educational consultant with a diverse marketing, education, and project management background.

With two bachelor’s degrees in Communication and Marketing and Architecture from Fortaleza, Brazil, Juliana furthered her education with a Diploma in Marketing Management in Vancouver (BCIT), Canada.

Based in Vancouver, Juliana leverages her expertise to assist clients in navigating Canada's academic system with precision and care.


Our Study Permit Success Through the Eyes of Our Clients  

why us

Why Trust CanDo With Your Canadian Student Permit Application

Successful Student Visa Applications

Our immigration consultants have demonstrated experience and expertise in navigating the intricate Canadian education and immigration systems. It’s our mission to deliver positive outcomes for aspiring international students wanting to study in Canada. 

We’re Here For You Every Step of the Way

With CanDo Immigration, you have a dedicated partner committed to facilitating every aspect of your Canadian study permit application, ensuring a smooth transition to your new life in Canada. 

A Tailored Approach to Your Student Visa Application

Our specialized Canada study visa consultants collaborate directly with you to tailor study programs based on your education and immigration goals. We will consider factors such as your educational background, nationality, and finances to maximize your chances of a successful study permit application. 

Guiding You with Transparency and Trust

Our team of dedicated study permit consulting experts is committed to leading applicants through each phase of the process with unwavering honesty and integrity. We keep the lines of communication open, guaranteeing you're thoroughly briefed at every stage. 


Canadian Immigration News, Tips, and Resources

Jan 23, 2024

Canada Announces Caps for International Students for 2024-2025

In a recent news release from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on January 22, 2024, the Honourable Marc Miller, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, unveiled measures to

read more
Jun 19, 2023

Seize the Moment: CLB 5 in French Opens Doors to Work in Canada

Are you interested in working in Canada? We have fantastic news! The Government of Canada has introduced a new policy that enables individuals to secure employment without needing a Labour Market

read more
Jun 6, 2023

From Tourism to Immigration: The Economic Benefits of Canada's Visa-Free Travel for 13 Countries

Breaking borders and opening doors, Canada recently made a remarkable stride in its immigration policy. The country has unveiled a new visa-free travel policy for visitors hailing from 13 countries.

read more
View More Blog Posts

Find Your Dedicated Study Visa Consultant Wherever You Are Located

We assist clients worldwide with study permit applications. See the cities below to find your regulated Canadian immigration consultant.


Speak to an International Student Specialist at CanDo Immigration.

Let CanDo Immigration’s study visa experts help you through every step of your application.


Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between a study visa and a study permit?

A study visa is a travel document that allows you to enter Canada for the purpose of studying. It is not the same as a study permit but rather a necessary component for individuals from visa-required countries.

A study permit is an official authorization issued by the Canadian government that allows foreign nationals to study in Canada. The permit is issued at the Canadian port of entry when the student lands in Canada. It is a crucial document for those planning to pursue academic programs exceeding six months. 

Who needs a study permit to study in Canada?

The following people need to have a study permit for Canada:

  • Foreign nationals enrolling in academic, professional, vocational, or training programs at Canadian colleges and universities.
  • Individuals studying for more than six months or if the program is shorter than six months and they are required to work in Canada as part of their program of study.
  • Individuals studying at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), an educational institution that is designated to host international students.

Exceptions to the study permit requirement include those taking an English or French short-term course for less than six months, a short-term course of general interest or self-improvement, a distance learning program, or an audited course. These individuals are not required to have a study permit to enter Canada. However, depending on their country of origin, they may still require a travel visa to enter Canada.

What are the requirements for applying for a Canadian study permit?

The following are required to apply for a study permit for Canada:

  • Letter of Acceptance (LOA): The student must have been accepted at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to take an academic, professional, vocational or training program of study.
  • Proof of funds: The student must provide proof of funds to support themselves and accompanying family members, if applicable, in Canada in the first year, including tuition fees, living expenses, and returning transportation to their home country.
  • Criminal records: The student should have no criminal records and provide a police certificate if from a country for which the certificate is required.
  • Health check: International students must be in good health and provide medical exam results if from a country for which the medical exam is required.
  • Proof of ties to home country: International students must prove to the immigration officer that they will leave Canada when their study permit expires.

Can I work in Canada as an international student?

Yes, in most cases, international students are allowed to work in Canada while studying.

Immigration Canada will specify on the student’s study permit whether the student can work in Canada.

In general, international students can work:

  • After starting their study program, on or off the school campus
  • As a co-op student or intern, when their study program includes work experience as part of its curriculum
  • After graduation, if eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit