Canadian Borders Open for Fully Vaccinated Travellers from Any Country
Starting today, fully vaccinated travellers, from any country, can enter Canada for non-essential travel.
Check what changes from today:
- Fully vaccinated travellers who meet all of the mandatory requirements do not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada.
- Travellers MUST show their ArriveCAN receipt to board their flight.
- All travellers must have proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours before arrival, or a positive result taken 14-180 days before arrival. Antigen tests will not be accepted.
- Fully vaccinated travellers do not need testing, unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 Covid-19 molecular test.
- Travellers entering Canada for exempt essential purposes, such as medical support and trade and transport, will be able to save time by entering their info in ArriveCAN once and using the same receipt for each entry into Canada.
- Unvaccinated children under 12 travelling with fully vaccinated parents and/or guardians no longer have to quarantine, but must avoid group settings during the first 14 days after arrival.
Who is considered fully vaccinated?
Travellers who have received the full series of the following accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines and have received their last dose at least 14 days prior to the day they enter Canada:
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
To be allowed to enter Canada non-essential travellers must also:
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date of entry
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- meet all other entry requirements defined by immigration Canada such as pre-entry test
Proof of vaccination needs to be uploaded in ArriveCAN app, original in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.
Travelers who have recovered from COVID-19 still need a full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or combination of accepted vaccines. One dose of an accepted vaccine other than Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) will not be accepted.
For additional information on travel requirements and restrictions access https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Contact us if you need assistance to travel to Canada.