On July 5th at 11:59 p.m. EDT Canada will start admitting fully vaccinated Canadians and authorized travellers without being subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. When arriving by air, they also will not be required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents and their eligible family members, workers with authorized permit and a valid job offer, and eligible students with approved study permit, all traveling for non-discretionary reasons, are authorized to enter Canada. Foreign nationals who have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) issued after March 18, 2020 are now included to the list of people authorized to enter the country and can be considered for the eased quarantine and testing requirements.
Canada considers fully vaccinated those who have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen) at least 14 days before arriving in the country.
Travellers vaccinated in any country will be accepted since they provide certified translation for documents not written in English or French.
Besides being fully vaccinated, travellers need to meet all requirements to enter Canada which include:
- be asymptomatic
- have a paper or digital copy of their vaccination documentation to show to the border authorities
- take pre- and on-arrival test for COVID-19
- before flying to Canada, submit COVID-19-related information on the ArriveCAN app or via website Canada.ca/ArriveCAN
- present a suitable quarantine plan, and be prepared to quarantine, in case they do not meet all requirements
- wear a mask when in public
- keep a copy of their vaccine and test results
- keep a list of close contacts for 14 days after entry to Canada
Direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India are still restricted until July 21, 2021.
Those who are not fully vaccinated must keep following the current testing and federal quarantine requirements.
Further information will be released by July 5th.