Visitors who are eligible to enter Canada will have their applications processed faster by IRCC.
IRCC will contact visitor visa applicants, who meet the requirements to enter Canada, within 14 to 30 days from when the application was submitted.
Visa processing times vary by country, however, IRCC informed that applications from people who are exempt from COVID-19 travel restrictions are being prioritized.
To be considered fully vaccinated and exempt from restrictions to enter Canada, travelers need to:
- have received the full series of the following accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccine:
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
- have received their last dose at least 14 days prior to the day they enter Canada;
- register their information in ArriveCAN App and show their receipt to board their flight;
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date they enter;
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19; and
- meet all other entry requirements defined by immigration Canada.
All fully vaccinated travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, are required to take a pre-entry test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of their flight to Canada. Rapid antigen tests aren't accepted.
Those who were tested positive between 14 and 180 days before entering Canada can provide their positive results instead.
Besides that, any traveller can be selected at the border office discretion to take an arrival COVID-19 test, even if they have taken a COVID-19 test before.
Proof of vaccination needs to be uploaded in ArriveCAN app, in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.
Travelers who have recovered from COVID-19 still need a full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or combination of accepted vaccines. One dose of an accepted vaccine other than Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) will not be accepted.
Travelers shall also check flight suspensions before planning their travel to Canada.
Final determination regarding entry and quarantine is made by a government representative at the port of entry based on the information presented to them at the time of entry into Canada.
Have questions about the new rules or want to apply to travel to Canada? We can help! Contact us!