Skip to content
Choose your language:
  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.
Take Your Free

Figure out if you qualify...

Take The Free Immigration Assessment

Meet with one of our immigration consultants

Book An Appointment

    Open Work Permit for Hong Kong Residents

    Temporary Public Policy to grant open work permit to Hong Kong residents inside and outside Canada.

    Start and End Dates:

    IRCC will accept application from February 1, 2021 to February 7, 2023.

    Eligible requirements:

    • Be a Hong Kong resident;
    • Have graduated in the last 5 years before the application is submitted:
      • with a post-secondary diploma of at least 2 years at Canadian a Designated Learning Institution or an institution abroad;
      • with a degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate) at Canadian a Designated Learning Institution or an institution abroad; or
      • with graduate or post-graduate credential that is a minimum of 1 year and requires a post-secondary degree or diploma, which was completed no more than 5 years before the post-graduate program started, at a designated learning institution in Canada or an institution abroad
    • Hold a Hong Kong special administrative region (SAR) or British National (Overseas) (BN(O)) passport.

    Once the application is approved, workers abroad will be able to travel to Canada at this time only if they have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.

    Spouses or common-law partners and dependent children will be also eligible for a study or work permit.


    Any work permit applicable fee must be paid at the time of application.