Visit Canada


Fully vaccinated travellers, from any country, can enter Canada for non-essential travel if they meet all immigration and health requirements:

  • have received the full series of the following accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccine:

Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)

Moderna (mRNA-1273)

AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)

Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)

  • have received their last dose at least 14 days prior to the day they enter Canada;
  • register their information in ArriveCAN App and show their receipt to board their flight;
  • are eligible to enter Canada on the specific date they enter;
  • have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19; and
  • meet all other entry requirements defined by immigration Canada.

All fully vaccinated travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, are required to take a pre-entry test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of their flight to Canada. Rapid antigen tests aren't accepted.

Those who were tested positive between 14 and 180 days before entering Canada can provide their positive results instead.

Besides that, any traveller can be selected at the border office discretion to take an arrival COVID-19 test, even if they have taken a COVID-19 test before.

Proof of vaccination needs to be uploaded in ArriveCAN app, in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.

Travelers who have recovered from COVID-19 still need a full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or combination of accepted vaccines. One dose of an accepted vaccine other than Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) will not be accepted.

Travelers shall also check flight suspensions before planning their travel to Canada.

Final determination regarding entry and quarantine is made by a government representative at the port of entry based on the information presented to them at the time of entry into Canada.

Canadian citizens and Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to enter Canada freely. Other visitors to Canada, including tourists, students, and workers, may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to enter the country.

You do not need a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada if you are from a visa-exempt country. An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will be required from visa-exempt travelers to board their flight to Canada.

Citizens from non-exempt countries must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada. If you plan to stay in Canada as a visitor for longer than 6 months, you will need a Visitor Permit to extend your stay.

Parent or grandparent of a Canadian permanent resident or citizen may be eligible for a super visa valid for up to 10 years. The super visa allows the visitor to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.

Check if you qualify to visit Canada


Immigration Consultants in Canada

Serving clients across Kelowna, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Lake Country, Vernon, Penticton, Merritt, Prince George, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Victoria, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Ottawa, Mississauga, Quebec, Montreal, Charlottetown, Fredericton, Halifax, St. John's and the surrounding areas.

We also serve across Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Hong Kong, Dubai, Philippines, India, UAE, Jamaica, Guatemala, Colombia, Vietnam, Nigeria, France, Iran, Korea and the United States.

Contact Cando Canadian Immigration Services Today!