Investors with Work Permit: Foreign investors who are coming to Canada for a non-discretionary purpose are allowed to enter the country under certain conditions:
- have a valid work permit and primary residence in Canada. (This applies even if the worker has been laid off); or
- have a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific), have a valid job offer, and can work once entering Canada, after completing the 14-day quarantine (unless an exemption applies).
Travel restrictions and exemptions for temporary workers: foreign nationals eligible to work without a work permit and workers providing essential services are exempt from travel restrictions.
Investors with Visitor Visa: Until further notice, visitors are not allowed to enter Canada. Some visitors are exempt from travel restrictions if entering the country for a non-discretionary purpose.
Who is exempt:
- an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident who is staying in Canada for 15 days or more
- an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident who is staying in Canada for 15 days or more
- a person who is authorized by the Public Health Agency of Canada to travel to Canada for compassionate reasons such as being present during the final moments of life of a loved one, providing support to a person deemed critically ill, or providing care to a person who medically requires support
Testing and Quarantine Requirements: All travellers must meet the new testing and quarantine requirements when coming to Canada.
- take the test within 72 hours of your scheduled flight departure time for your flight that lands in Canada
- provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test
- keep proof of your test results for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada
All travellers entering Canada will be required to take a test before leaving the airport, stay at a hotel designated by the government for 3 days while waiting for the test result. Even if the test is negative, an additional 11-day quarantine is required.
Testing and quarantine exemptions apply for certain essential services workers.
Whether you choose to open or purchase a business in Canada and immigrate to the country as an investor, Cando Canadian Immigration Services can assist you to make the most appropriate and successful choice among the various provincial and federal programs offered for business immigration.
These programs are designed to promote economic development in Canada by encouraging investment, entrepreneurship, and employment using foreign venture capital, business acumen, and entrepreneurial skills.
Introducing the WP2PR Canada Business Visas
The Work Permit to Permanent Residence (WP2PR) stream is an innovative, multi-step process that helps investors/entrepreneurs come to Canada and qualify for permanent residence quickly.
Developed by CanDo Canadian Immigration Services, it is an exceptional Canadian work visa and permanent residence option for individuals who want to start or operate a Canadian business.
Although WP2PR is not a widely known Federal or Provincial immigration program that you will easily find on the government website, it is a great strategy to quickly achieve permanent residence status for entrepreneurs based on the current Canadian immigration rules, regulations, policies, and procedures