Temporary Public Policy to grant permanent residency to foreign workers in essential occupations. There are four streams available based on work experience and language:
- Stream A: work experience in health-related occupations (Annex A)
- Stream A - French-Speaking Workers: work experience in health-related occupations (Annex A) and French CLB 4
- Stream B: work experience in other essential occupations (Annex B)
- Stream B - French-Speaking Workers: work experience in other essential occupations (Annex B) and French CLB 4
Start and End Dates:
May 6, 2021 - November 5, 2021 or once the intake cap of each stream has been reached.
- Valid status in Canada: be physically present and reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) at the time the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved;
- Language: English or French minimum of CLB 4 in each language skill;
- Work Experience: At least one (1) year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time experience (1,560 hours), in Canada, in an eligible occupation listed in Annex A or Annex B above in the last three years before the application for permanent residence is received;
- Employment: be legally employed in Canada (authorized to work in Canada) in any occupation of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) at the time that the application for permanent residence is received;
- plan to live outside of Quebec; and
- not be a refugee claimant in Canada.
The one year of work experience must be obtained in one or more of the eligible occupations as follows:
Stream A: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex A. Experience cannot be combined with Annex B occupations.
Stream B: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex B, or a combination of occupations in Annexes A and B.
Self-employed workers are not eligible, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
Eligible family members (spouses / common-law partners and dependent children) can be included to the application.
Stream A – a maximum of 20,000 applications
Stream A – French-Speaking Workers: No cap
Stream B – a maximum of 30,000 applications
Stream B – French-Speaking Workers: No cap
French-speaking workers: There is no cap for applicants who have attained a level of proficiency of at least benchmark 4 in French for each of the four language skill areas.
Applications will be accepted from May 6, 2021 to November 5, 2021 or once the intake cap of each stream has been reached, whichever comes first.
Any permanent residence applicable fee must be paid at the time of application.