Welcome to CanDo Recruitment!
As a Canadian certified Human Resources company, we are committed to facilitating seamless workforce solutions for businesses across Canada. In the face of a challenging economic landscape marked by a shortage of specialized talent in various industries, we stand as your strategic partner in addressing this crucial need.
Navigating the complexities of international hiring can be a daunting task, but with CanDo Recruitment by your side, the process becomes both smooth and expeditious. Our expertise and dedication ensure that businesses can identify and secure the right professionals, fostering growth and success in an ever-evolving market.
Partner with us at CanDo Recruitment, where excellence meets efficiency in building the workforce that propels your business to new heights.
Why Hire from Abroad:
Foreign workers are considered by Canadian companies a great source of workforce because:
- They are loyal: foreign workers are known for working long-term and be grateful to employers for providing them with the opportunity to work in Canada and build their careers here.
- They are hard-working: Foreign workers are ready to do more than their job and willing to help the company with extra efforts when needed
- They are skilled and well trained: Employers will have the worker ready to work from the first day requiring none or minimum training most of the time.
- They can transfer skills from previous experiences: a combination of work experience and language ability will contribute to skills transferability.
- They are friendly with other co-workers: most foreign workers are looking for new social and cultural experiences, being open to meeting people at work, exchanging knowledge, and helping to build a happy, casual work environment.
- They are more motivated: to pursue the dream of gaining work experience abroad and immigrating to Canada.
Our services include
- Advertising on job boards and career sites
- Sorting resumes and contacting potential candidates
- Pre-screening candidates according to skills and experience required for the job
- Arranging interviews for employers with candidates
- Assisting employers and candidates with the immigration process through an affiliated company
Why Work with Us:
- All our recruitment services are provided by CanDo Recruitment, with a team of qualified, reliable professionals.
- We’re on the ground, ready to help you!
- When you work with us, you work with our professional team, not a third-party provider or middleman
- We’re efficient and prompt so we are able to solve problems in-house
- We are able to answer all your questions about the international recruitment processing without delay
- The most important skill an international recruitment agency has is their overall reach to the quality foreign workers and we Can Do it!
- Similarly, the knowledge is key when it comes to compliance with local rules regarding immigration, human resources, and labour regulations
How the process works
The most common process to hire foreign workers abroad is via Labour Market Impact Assessment - LMIA.
It can take 20 days to 4 months to obtain an LMIA.
It varies according to the following factors:
- First time applying for an LMIA
- Business industry
- Processing time for the foreign workers’ country of residency
Programs to hire foreign workers abroad:
TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER PROGRAM
Under the TFWP, employers must obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire foreign workers to fill temporary labour and skill shortages. The LMIA verifies that there is a need for a temporary worker and that no Canadians or permanent residents are available to do the job.
PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS (PNPs)
Most provinces and territories offer employer-sponsored permanent residency programs for skilled foreign workers inside and outside Canada. These programs are not work permit-only applications and for this reason, it may take longer for a worker to get a work permit. Besides that, not all occupations are eligible. A consultation with our immigration consulting affiliated company is recommended for employers wishing to sponsor workers through provincial programs.
INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY PROGRAM
The IMP allows workers to apply for a work permit without an LMIA. The exceptions include professionals and business investors defined on international agreements, due to Canadian interests such as significant benefit or reciprocal employment, and public policies, workers without other means of support such as refugees, permanent residence applicants in Canada, vulnerable workers, and humanitarian reasons.
INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE CANADA
The IEC is the pathway for young professionals looking to gain work experience in Canada. The Program is available to citizens from countries or territories that have an agreement with Canada allowing them to apply for an IEC work permit. The IEC pools open and close periodically throughout the year. A limited number of applicants are invited for each round of invitation.
There are 3 categories of work permits under the IEC Program:
- Working Holiday: for candidates without a job offer in Canada.
- Young Professionals: for candidates with a job offer in Canada in an occupation NOC skill level 0, A, or B, and, in some specific situations, skill level C
- International Co-op (Internship): for candidates registered at a post-secondary institution and have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada
The eligibility requirements vary according to the country of citizenship. Usually, the candidates have to be between the ages of 18 and 35, have a minimum of CAD 2,500 to cover the expenses in Canada and be admissible to Canada.