New Permanent Residency Stream for International Students in New Brunswick
The province of New Brunswick has announced a new permanent residency stream for international students studying at an eligible private career college in the province. The participating educational institutions are:
- Atlantic Business College
- Eastern College
- McKenzie College
- Oulton College
These colleges do not offer programs eligible for Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). The new stream is meant to support international students to work and settle in New Brunswick after graduation. It will allow them to apply for permanent residency as soon as they graduate and keep work in the province while waiting for their application to be processed.
The pilot will target occupations in demand in New Brunswick. Only students taking a program of study in education and social development, heath care, information technology and cyber security, business administration, and supply chain and logistics will be eligible.
• social and community service workers;
• early childhood educators and assistants;
• educational assistants;
• health-care aides;
• home support workers;
• licensed practical nurses;
• paramedics and related occupations;
• medical laboratory technologists;
• medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants;
• medical administrative assistants;
• computer programmers and interactive media developers;
• web designers and developers;
• computer network technicians;
• user support technicians;
• accounting technicians and bookkeepers;
• payroll clerks;
• shippers and receivers;
• supply chain and logistics supervisors; and
• production logistics co-ordinators.
Applications are set to open on April 1, 2022.
Further requirements and criteria will be release on the province website this fall. Keep posted in our blog for more information.
Contact us to check the programs available at the eligible colleges.
Learn more about study permit to Canada here.