Express Entry is an online system used by IRCC to manage applications for permanent residence for 3 federal programs in the Economic Immigration Category:
- + Federal Skilled Worker Program
- + Federal Skilled Trades Program
- + Canadian Experience Class
All applicants who have submitted a profile in the Express Entry System are placed in a pool of candidates.
IRCC uses a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to evaluate, score and select candidates in the Express Entry pool. The CRS attributes points to candidates based on:
- English and/or French Skills (Canada’s two official languages)
- Work experience
- Whether the candidate has a valid job offer, and
- Adaptability (how well you are likely to settle in Canada)
Candidates in the Express Entry Pool can also be nominated by one of the Canadian provinces and be invited to apply for permanent residency.
Express Entry draws can be whether for all program or for one specific program. Candidates in the pool who achieved the minimum score set for a draw will be issued an ITA – Invitation to Apply, being invited to apply for permanent residency.
When applying for permanent residency, you must also show that you have enough funds to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada, as well as provide proof of a clean police record in all countries in which you have resided and medical record for all family members.
Cando Canadian Immigration Services can help to make the process as easy as possible for you and your family. We ensure your profile is fully completed to maximize your points and the potential of getting an invitation to apply for permanent residency.
Federal Skilled Worker Program - FSWP
The FSWP is designed for qualified, experienced candidates, living inside or outside Canada, who:
- Score at least 67 points on the FSW Selection Factor Point Grid;
- Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in the last ten years, in one occupation skill level 0, A or B
- Have completed secondary education (high school). Candidates can receive extra points for completed post-secondary education (a degree, diploma or certificate) inside or outside Canada; and
- Have a minimum English or French level of CLB/NCLC 7
An employment offer from a Canadian employer is not required to qualify for this Program. However, candidates can get additional points for having a valid job offer for a full-time, no-seasonal job, for at least one year in any occupation skill type 0, A, or B.
If your application for PNP is successful, you can apply for a work permit and be invited to apply for a permanent resident. Having a PNP nomination will provide your Express Entry profile with additional 600 points ensuring better chances to receive an ITA from IRCC.
Having a valid job offer via LMIA gives you 200 CRS points for occupations skill level 00 and 50 CRS points for occupations skill level 0, A, and B.
Federal Skilled Trades Program - FSTP
The FSTP is suitable for candidates with Canadian or foreign experience in technical jobs and skilled trades under key groups of NOC skill level B (such as Chefs, Bakers, Construction, etc.).
The eligibility requirements are:
- A valid job offer in Canada (full-time job and for at least one year) or a certificate of qualification in the trade occupation skill level B issued by a Canadian authority;
- English or French CLB 5 for speaking and listening skills, and CLB 4 for reading and writing; and
- Have obtained twenty-four months of qualified Canadian or foreign work experience in any skilled trade occupation NOC skill level B.
Canadian Experience Class - CEC
Qualify for the CEC candidates with at least one year of full-time or part-time continuous work experience in Canada (1,560 hours or 30 hours per week) in the last three years, in one of the occupations NOC skill level 0, A, or B. The work experience obtained while studying in Canada is not considered for CEC.
The minimum English or French requirement is CLB 7 for NOC skill level 0 or A and CLB 5 for NOC skill level B.
Serving clients across Kelowna, Kamloops, Lake Country, Kamloops, Vernon, Penticton, Merritt, Prince George, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Victoria, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Ottawa, Mississauga, Quebec, Montreal, Charlottetown, Fredericton, Halifax, St. John's and the surrounding areas.
We also serve across Latin America, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Hong Kong, Dubai and the Philippines.